There’s nothing quite like a wedding to get everyone excited and all of a panic at the same time!
Whether you’re the bride to be, the mother of the bride or a VIP attendee, beyond saying yes to the dress, there’s a whole world of prep that needs to take place to ensure that you are glowing with radiant beauty, both inside and out, ahead of the big day.
Of course, if you are the bride to be, even if this isn’t your first time saying “I do,” you’re going to want to look your absolute best.
Perhaps you’ve been lucky enough to have a wedding planner on board to help you out with all the essential wedding tasks to date but now it’s time to turn the spotlight and attention on YOU!
Forget about the invites, the wine tasting and the seating arrangements for just a minute. It’s time to look at your skincare regime and beyond, to ensure that your glam glow is timed to perfection. Luckily, here at My Perfect Cosmetics we have years of experience when it comes to helping brides around the world prepare for their special day,
Before you worry about not having enough budget left to enlist the help of a professional Dermatologist, the great news is that there’s plenty you can do at home to prep and preen ahead of the big day, especially if you use products from the My Perfect Cosmetics range.
Let’s take a quick look at what we recommend you do throughout the various stages running up to the special event.
1 Year to 6 Months Out From Your Wedding
1. If you really want to look your best on your big day and more importantly that Honeymoon, then now is the perfect time and excuse to invest in laser hair removal. Planning needs to take place 9 to 12 months in advance so start the process now.
2. Start dry brushing your body. It’s packed with benefits including increasing the blood circulation which will aid with that overall glow. Do it before you hop into the shower at least three times a week.
3. Commit to a regular workout plan and if you are planning on wearing a backless or strapless dress, focus on upper body strength training to create lots of lovely long and lean muscle definition.
6-8 Weeks Before The Big Day!
1. This is the time to start prepping your skin more intensely. You should be focused on regular exfoliation of your face and body to ensure that you’re soft and silky smooth from head to toe.
2. It’s time to kick that healthy eating regime into overdrive. Start eating all the colors of the rainbow and consider swapping out your favourite alcoholic tipple for a cold-pressed juice. On the big day, you want to glow from the inside out so eat plenty of lean protein, lots of colourful fruits and veggies and make sure you’re drinking two litres of water a day. Green juice is full of goodness and you can top up on the Prosecco on your big day!
3. If you really do want a golden glow on the big day, start experimenting with self-tanners to work out which one suits you best and to really get to grips with developing an even and natural overall result. No streaky orange tans allowed!
4-6 Weeks Before You Say I Do!
1. This is the time to deeply cleanse and exfoliate your pores to remove any hyper-pigmentation, age spots or scarring that you are suffering from. You could try getting a glycolic treatment or using My Perfect Facial which is designed to really boost your skin’s overall radiance and luminosity. With five treatments included, 4 weeks out is the perfect time to start. Give yourself two facial sessions in week 4 then one each leading up to the day to ensure your skin is in tip-top condition.
2. Your skin is going to be the canvas for your makeup, so it’s critical that your makeup artist has a beautiful base to work with. Make sure that as well as regular facials, you are also properly hydrating your skin both day and night to seal and lock in all that moisture plumping, dewy goodness.
3. Remember that water really is your skin’s best friend so make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated from the inside out.
2-3 Weeks Before You Walk Down The Aisle
1. If you’ve not yet chosen your makeup artist, get one on speed dial now! It’s so worth having a couple of practise runs ahead of the big day. The same goes for your hair too. Don’t leave experimenting until the week before. You need to have a couple of full dress rehearsals with your hair and makeup to ensure that you are 100% happy with the overall styling. Those Boho braids you dreamt of might just look a bit “meh,” and a classic chignon might well be your preferred option. You should also have a colour refresh about now too.
2. It’s time to start getting plenty of shut-eye! Alongside water, sleep is nature's way of restoring our bodies overnight. No bride or wedding guest wants to have puffy eyes or visible dark circles on the day. While plenty of sleep and sliced cucumbers definitely have their part to play, so too does My Perfect Eyes. We think it should be every Brides’ secret weapon, especially because it works in an instant, so it is the perfect product to use on your big day.
3. Your pout also needs to be on point! You’ll be smiling and puckering up all day so don’t neglect your lips. A great little home exfoliation trick is to mix some sugar and water together to create a DIY lip exfoliator. Slather yourself afterward with a Vitamin E enriched balm so that your lips are smooth and kissable on the day. Now would also be the optimum time to treat yourself to a teeth whitening session so that your pearly whites really do give you plenty to smile about.
1 Week Before You Officially Tie The Knot!
1. Give yourself a final My Perfect Facial two days beforehand so that your skin is lifted, hydrated and positively glowing with radiance.
2. If you are wearing self-tan on the day, now is an excellent time to apply it so that it’s nicely settled in and looking natural ahead of the big day. Don’t forget that a sunless spray is also a great way of camouflaging skin imperfections and can even be used to contour your body, sculpt and accentuate your curves and define muscle.
3. Get your manicure and pedicure done today too. Tomorrow is going to be an exhilarating but stressful day so get as much of the preparations out of the way as you can so that you can focus your mind and your body on the pending nuptials.
1 Day Before You Become a Mrs
1. Keep calm and drink plenty of water!
2. You’ve worked so hard over the last year but especially the last 8 weeks and it’s all about to come together.
3. Relax, enjoy a long soak in the bath and get yourself ready for a truly amazing day tomorrow.
The Big Day Itself
There’s really only one thing we have to say.
Whether you’re the Bride, Bridesmaid, Mum, Auntie or Best Friend, enjoy the day and take your moment to shine in the spotlight, perhaps enjoying a cheeky glass or two of bubbles too.
We think you definitely deserve it after all the preparation you’ve put in!
Our Top Tip For The Day
Don’t forget to pop My Perfect Eyes in your handbag in case you need a little pick me up ahead of the evening reception, especially if there have been a few tears of happiness shed earlier in the day. You don’t want to go and spoil all the photos by having puffy eyes for your first dance.
On a Final Note
If you do happen to be getting married this year and intend incorporating any of the My Perfect range into your preparations, we’d love you to tag us in your pictures so that we can share in your special day.
There’s nothing more beautiful than a happy Bride on her special day.